It is my pleasure to welcome #RRBC author, Harriet Hodgson today on my Blog.
A Month of Book Marketing Ideas
- Determine book marketing budget.
- Compile a press kit.
- Distribute kits to radio and television stations.
- Contact Life reporter at local newspaper.
- Update amazon profile
- Add Amazon link to my website.
- Post press kit on website.
- Write more articles for my blog.
- Email national magazine and offer to write an article.
- Arrange for a paid review.
- Request reviews on Facebook
- Contact public library about book launch.
- Contact Barnes and Noble about book launch.
- Visit new bookstore in town and suggest book launch idea.
- Redesign business card.
- Always carry business cards with me.
- Carry a sample book with me.
- Ask graphic designer to create a bookmark.
- Ask bookstores to display bookmark at checkout.
- Offer to speak at senior center.
- Contact service organization and offer to speak.
- Contact alma mater about my book.
- Identify influencers and contact them.
- Create mini poster and print out copies.
- Research paid ads.
- Plan author talk that expands book.
- Write and print handouts to go with talk(s).
- Email national organization(s) about book.
- Plan and practice “elevator talk.”
- Identify websites that would be interested in my book.
Harriet Hodgson has been a freelance writer for 38 years, is the author of thousands of print/online articles, and 37 books. Hodgson is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists and the Alliance of Independent Authors. She has appeared on more than 185 radio talk shows, including CBS Radio, and dozens of television stations, including CNN. A popular speaker, she has given presentations at public health, Alzheimer’s, bereavement, and caregiving conferences. She lives in Rochester, Minnesota with her husband, John. Please visit www.harriethodgson.com for more information about this busy wife, mother, grandmother, caregiver, speaker, and author.
Purchase Links: Amazon paperback https://amzn.to/31Kklgs
Amazon eBook https://amzn.to/31FoUt5
Barnes and Noble paperback http://bit.ly/2N28jLY
Barnes and Noble eBook http://bit.ly/31GeWaj
IndieBound paperback http://bit.ly.2TBRpol
Great marketing ideas! All the best to you, Harriet. Thank you, Joy, for hosting.
Great ideas! Thanks for sharing Harriet.
Harriet, these are wonderful marketing ideas. Thanks for sharing them with us!
Joy, thanks for the host!
I am happy to welcome you today on my blog, Harriet. And thank you, for the wonderful marketing ideas. Congratulations on your tour.